Monday, July 14, 2014

It's Monday!


It's Monday! What Are You Reading is used by several bloggers to promote children's literature.  You may learn more from Jen at Teach Mentor Texts or Kellee at Unleashing Readers.  


My favorite picture books from the past week are below.  These are my 5-starred books!


This wordless picture book shares a sweet story of a girl, her brother, and the bicycle that she hopes to purchase.  It's a touching story with awesome illustrations!



The biographical book above tells about the Mendez family and their fight for desegregation in schools.  The story of this family is one that is not often told.



This novel in verse uses several styles of poetry to describe Sam's fishing trip with his dad and his tag-along sister.



It was not until after I had begun reading this book, that I went to the back and learned that it was inspired by a real seal. That just made the story even better!  Brian Floca's illustrations are fantastic as usual!



This will make an awesome back-to-school read aloud!  The story and the illustrations will both lead to smiles and laughter!



I listened to A Dog's Way Home mostly while walking my own dog and absolutely loved it.  The story is told through the alternating viewpoints of Tam (the dog) and Abby.  If you enjoy audio books, I highly recommend this one!


Other books that I read last week are below:  I enjoyed all of them!




My new book today is When Audrey Met Alice by Rebecca Behrens. Happy reading to all!


1 comment:

  1. You read some fantastic picture books! I own Bicycle, really need to read it! Hope this week is as good of a reading week!

    ReplyDelete